Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Destination GMAT!

It's the 18th of April, 2007. With a May 17th date for the GMAT exam, my adrenalin levels are at an all-time high.

Waiting evokes silly sentiments in different people. However, I am savoring every moment of this process, a tad bit more than my liking. For my sake, I sincerely hope that complacency hasn't crept in. Ironically, the mock tests haven't given me much reason to be laid-back. Even though accuracy is at an all-time high (just benchmarking me against me here!), time management is floundering. GMAT mock tests have been nothing short of shock-therapy. With each successive test has come a rude awakening; a realization that I might not be able to break into the elite, 700+ club.

Had I been a school-going teenager, these "mock challenges" would have demoralized me to an appalling extent. No more. It's not that I have transformed into an unflappable individual, unmoved by failings and challenges; in fact far from it. Neither have the stakes become lesser. It's just that I have been able to cultivate, albeit slowly, the rational seeds of detachment. Wish I can sincerely walk the tightrope between "rational detachment" and "measured involvement".

I have been wading through the stages of preparation comfortably over the past couple of weeks. Although I must confess that I hate being checkmated by SC (Sentence Correction for the uninitiated). They stump me. However, this too shall pass. I feel I am putting an honest effort. And in the end that does pay off...doesn't it?

Time alone will tell...

No comments: